January 4, 2009

Dylan's Funny Sayings

I know I might be a bit prejudice but I think Dylan is a real funny kid. He has some of the funniest little sayings. I thought I would record just a few quotes he has said in the past couple of days.

Luke was talking to Dylan and said "Dylan you toot (this is what we call passing gas) all the time. Why do you toot so much?"

In a very sincere and non-apologetic way Dylan replies, "Because that is the way Heavenly Father made me Luke.

Luke had nothing to say after that response.


We have caller ID on our phone that speaks the name of the person calling. The other morning I missed a meeting at the Bishop's office (yeah I felt like a real winner when they called) and the Primary President called me to see if I was coming. When the caller ID registered who was calling it said "The Church of Jesus Christ" but the first part of the name was really muffled but the words JESUS CHRIST was very loud and clear. When Dylan heard who was calling, he yells in the most shocked and excited way, "Jesus is calling! Jesus is calling!

He was disappointed to find out that it wasn't Jesus but Stephanie calling to see if his forgetful mom was going to make their appointment with the Bishop.

We should all be that excited to talk to Jesus.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Seems to me that you are making good on your New Year's Resolution of blogging on Sunday. Way to get the ball rolling.
That story of Jesus calling is my favorite. That will go down in the history of the cutest things ever said by a kid. Love it.

Stephanie said...

how funny!!!!!! hahaha!!!! So when are we getting together again??????? miss you xoxo

Wendy said...

Gotta love "toot" conversations, the best is when your little girl decides to join is because it's all so funny....(NOT)