June 6, 2009

Big News for Lucas!

Two days after his birthday, we were sitting down and were about to read scriptures when Luke yells out in excitement "I see a black hair on my leg!"

Just to give you a little background, Lucas wants to be like his dad so badly. He wants to shave, dress and act just like his dad. One of the events that he is really excited for in his life is when he is old enough to have black hair on his arms and legs like his dad. He keeps asking when his arms and legs will have black hair on them. I tell him when he is older. Well, I guess he thinks that since he just turned 7 that means he is older and he should be getting black hair on his legs.

Well, the other night he thought he saw a black hair on his leg. He ran over to me and wanted to show me the hair. I looked at his leg and of course did not see any black hair. I told him I couldn't see it, he quickly responded "You have to look at it in the right light"

"ohh, you must be right" I said.

He smiled and felt proud of himself because he just thought he saw a trace of adulthood on his legs.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

He is so funny!!! I think all boys aspire to be just like their dads and why not!!! Aren't they perfect??? Miss you guys!

Jill said...

That is so funny! I am glad he got his hair.

Wendy said...

What a little man! I can already picture him growing a little stache' on his top lip. It's gonna be great!