April 26, 2010

Coloring Easter Eggs

As always during Easter time, the good old tradition of coloring Easter eggs happens once again. The kids love it and I have to admit I do too!!

But, it does take on a different meaning as a Mom. I get a bit stressed out that the kids are going to spill all over the place and create a huge mess in the kitchen. Why do I do that??? Instead of enjoying the experience I have to micro manage the event so that I do not have to spend a ton of time cleaning up after the festivities. Oh well! It is just another thing I have to add to my list of personality improvements.

After all is said and done, the kids did have a good time and here are some pictures of them coloring eggs.


A cheezy "I love coloring eggs" smile from Luke.

Mason probably had the best time of all the boys. He loves picking up the eggs and dropping it into the different colors.

The boys and Breanne in the process of coloring eggs.


A simple activity that brings so much joy!!!


Luke waiting patiently for his egg to be done.


Dylan carefully setting his white egg into the cup of color.
A stressed out face as he carefully tries not to crack his egg in the cup.

Overall, a good time and the boys always enjoy themselves. And my goal, to not get to worked up about the mess next year.

Happy Easter!

No comments: