August 25, 2008

My Harley Babe!


Last year for our 9th year anniversary, I got Jordan the best gift. I got him a gift certificate to rent a Harley Davidson for a day. He loves Harley's and he has never rode one before. So, being the incredible wife that I am, I decided to splurge and get him one for a day. (I will admit that I am not nice enough to get him one for real) Well a year later (Jordan had to get a motorcycle's license and we didn't want to ride it in the winter), we finally decided to cash in on our gift certificate.
Well, Jordan had the time of his life. He was beaming from ear to ear for a full 24 hours. He had to restrain himself from sleeping in the garage with the bike. Lindsay and Pat came up from Provo and rode with Jordan through Ogden canyon and up to Park City. The ride was beautiful.

The boys and I met up with them later in the day and I became a Harley girl and rode on the back of the back with Jordan up in Park City. It was fun, a little scary on the freeway but fun. Unfortunately, the day had to come to an end and we had to return the bike. A few tears were shed by Jordan but he said goodbye to his friend and honestly he hasn't been the same since. It is like a part of him is missing. He sits in front of the computer and looks and looks at pictures of Harley's and dreams of a day when he can get one for good. (By the way, I am not exaggerating when I say this about Jordan. Okay he didn't cry when we drove away but he hasn't been the same and does look at pictures of bikes on the computer quite often) Anyways, he had a wonderful time and hopes to have another experience like this again in the near future.

You are witnessing one of the greatest moments of his life!




My 3 oldest boys and their uncle having a testosterone moment!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I hope Jordan knows how good he has it. Thats awesome you rented it for him for the day! Umm where was your helmet girlfriend?

Lindsay said...

That was the best motorcycle trip. I am still sad that you couldnt come along for the long haul.

The Birds said...

You are the best wife ever! You two look good on that bike, maybe you should get one, for real!!

Emily said...

That is pretty sweet!! You both look good on a bike. Don't tell my husband - he'll hit me up for the experience!

Stephanie said...

Well aren't you the best wife ever!!! I loved Jordan's smile you could tell he was truly happy!!!

Brittanny said...

I am going to need you to ask Jordan to refrain from mentioning any of this to Josh. I cannot tell you how much he has begged me for the last year to let him get a bike. Both my brothers have/have had one and he thinks it is his turn and I should be the nice wife and let him do what he wants. Too bad for him! I am never going to let him buy one...so maybe I will do what you did and let him ride one for a year! I love those pics Jod!

Natalie said...

Hey Jodi!! It's me you cool activity days partner!! I love your blog. Visit mine at humphriesclan.blogspot.com
See you later!!

Unknown said...

You’re such a sweet wife. I’m pretty sure Jordan highly appreciated the gift certificate that you gave to him on your 9th year wedding anniversary. As a motorbike enthusiast, he certainly had a wonderful time riding that motorcycle. By the way, what present did you give him on your 1OTH wedding anniversary?

Claudio Mccarty