October 17, 2008

Learning how to use a spoon!

I know that many people give their kids utensils to use while eating before 18 months, but I guess I am a little slow or a little scared. I hate cleaning up big messes. When I think of my baby using a spoon, I picture food splattered everywhere and a big mess for me to clean up. But, I decided that Mason is old enough to start learning how to use a spoon.

So, I decided to give it a try. The minute I put a spoon in Mason's hand he thought he was Hot Stuff and started talking (of course gibberish) and laughing. He held the spoon for a moment and then he looked down at the pudding container. He studied it for a minute and then put 2 and 2 together. He slowly lowered the spoon into the pudding and scooped out a big blob of pudding. With a big smile on his face, he raised it to his mouth and did the best he could to put it in his mouth. He got most of it in his mouth but of course some didn't make it. But, he thought the whole process was cool and for the next 15 minutes he went to town eating his pudding.

Here are some pictures...





7 comments:

Wendy said...

Yummy! That's when you gotta give them big wet smooches!! He's such a handsome little dude, even covered in chocolate pudding!

Kimberly said...

I agree with Wendy. They don't much more handsome than that little dude. I think it is a good thing to get them to use the spoon. Just think how much more he can eat once he masters it. Give him a big hug and kiss from his Aunt Kim!

Emily said...

What a darling little stud! He deserves to make at least a little mess.

Lindsay said...

These are the cutest pictures of mason i have ever seen! He is such a good lookin kid!

Julee and Fam said...

Hi Jodi, I miss your cool family so much. I love your blog, it is so fun and funny to read. I swear if we come out west next summer "09" we are planning a pit stop your way.

Brittanny said...

Yah for Mason! Making a big mess for mom to clean up! I know that is exactly what you wanted right Jod? I loved the pics none the less!

Stephanie said...

ok seriously, is he not the cutest!!! LOVE the messy face!