February 14, 2009

Be Mine Valentine


Valentine's Day is always that holiday where every one builds it up and then many times becomes disappointed because it wasn't anything like they imagine. Well, this Valentine's Day my husband came up with a real cute present that I was thrilled about. For me, the best presents are those that had a lot of thought put into it. Jordan did that.

I came into the kitchen and this is what I found on the counter.





The letter reads:

We have been married for approximately 10 years, 6 months, 7 days, that's a total of:

126.25 - Months

549.29 - Weeks

3,845 - Days

92,280 - Hours

5,536,800 - Minutes

332,208,000 - Seconds

I think we would both agree that every second, minute, and hour have not been pure bliss and happiness. I think we would both go as far as saying that not even every day has been as good as we might like it. We've had some pretty good fights and at times have thought can we really make this work.

What I would say is, I think we have had great weeks together. Sure we've had our difference for a couple of days, but I honestly can't remember a week that went by without us coming to terms and being happy together.
So what I have for you this Valentines Day is one item for every week we have been married thus far to remind you that I love you and I know we've had some bad days, but our weeks together have been really good.
I love you very much and am looking forward to thousands more of good weeks together.
(Since I couldn't fit all 549 in the jar, you still have 134 that didn't make it in. I've decided to give you $134.00 to spend on whatever you want. Have fun!)

Jordan and I don't have a perfect marriage but we do love each other. We struggle with each other because we are so different, but at the same time we balance each other out perfectly. As we celebrate our love this Valentines Day, I want my wonderful husband to know that I love him with all my heart and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for bringing him to me.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

What the heck!! That is seriously the best valentines day gift I have ever heard of!!!! Amazing!!! I cant believe he thought of that! WAY TO GO JORDAN! Now I am going to have Pat read it to get some good ideas!

Kimberly said...

And you said he wasn't going to do anything. Jordan is very awesome to be so thoughtful. I am glad he rose to the occasion. They do suprise us sometimes. I love when they do. It helps to get through the moments and seconds of our relationship. Love you guys.

Wendy said...

That took a lot of thought...kudos to Jordan.

Are you sure your marriage is not perfect like mine? (ha, ha!)

Trent said...

Although Jodi thinks that I dont cry...you would be happy to know that the letter & present brought tears to my eyes. SO there!

I think you guys are a great couple! You know how to laugh even in the tough times.

Rachel