September 9, 2009

What the Rowell Family does on a Saturday


I really didn't know what I was signing up for when I had my boys play both soccer and football this fall. I was really stupid because I didn't really think it through about how much time it would be to have them go to practice and play games.
So Saturday's for the past month and a half have been all about getting the boys from one game to another. On one Saturday we had 3 games back to back. We went from Dylan's soccer game to Luke's soccer game and finally to Luke's football game. It took most of the day.

The good thing is the boys really enjoy playing sports. Dylan is a natural at playing soccer and gets right in the game and does his thing. He runs the whole time and really goes after the ball.

Luke's first game at soccer after playing football for a month was amazing. He completely transformed as a soccer player. Last year there were times when he stood around the field and just let the ball go right past him and really didn't make an effort to play the game. But, his first game of this season he ran the whole game and scored a goal in the first couple of minutes. I guess all the conditioning for football really had an impact on him. I also think he realized that soccer isn't as aggressive as football and he was so used to feeling the pressure of getting out there and making it happen with football that he jumped right into the game of soccer and made it happen on the soccer field. Jordan couldn't believe his eyes. This wasn't the same soccer player that he used to watch last year. He was phenomenal.

My Dad dropped by for a couple of days and was able to see the boys play sports. The were very excited to have Grandpa Marvin see them do their thing.

Here are some more pictures that my very talented sister Lindsay took of the boys.


This is a picture of Dylan and Grandpa Marvin

No comments: