July 20, 2008

I Feel Wicked!!!!



It has been over 4 years since Jordan and I had a vacation together. With having kids, moving, going to Law School, moving again and starting a business we just haven't gotten away. A few things you should know about me. I love traveling. My goal is to see the world before I die. It is VERY important to me. For example, I have spent the past 7 years accruing sky miles to finally take a real vacation and use them. A month ago, I told Jordan that I wanted to go on a vacation this year but unfortunately with Jordan's new job that wasn't going to be a possibility either. AHHHH! I was mad. I wanted out! I needed to go away! Think! Think! Think!

Then an idea popped into my head. Hey, Jordan was going to be in Los Angeles in training for Farmers for 2 weeks. Why not go and visit him during the weekend and do a couple of fun things without any kids. My sister Lindsay and her husband Pat needed a little getaway too. Even though it wasn't a real vacation, a little weekend getaway was just what the doctor ordered. LA here we come!

The highlight of the trip for me was seeing the musical "Wicked". OH MY GOSH! It was the most incredible performance I have ever seen! My sister Lindsay has dreamed about going to the musical "Wicked" for the last couple of years. I really hadn't heard much about it, but I am always up for a musical. I had no idea what the story was about. I downloaded the CD a week before we left and listened to the music a couple of times before the performance but I was not prepared for what I experienced. The only word that sums up that performance was PHENOMENAL! It took my breath away. I loved it! It made me laugh, cry and speechless with the talent Heavenly Father has blessed some people with. I can't imagine being able to sing like some of these performers do. I could watch it over and over again and still love it. Hopefully, I will be able to see "Wicked" again sometime.

We also went to a "Farmer's Family Day". Farmers insurance was having their annual family day that weekend and we stopped by. It was a blast! We played games, got sprayed on tattoos, had our fortune read and ate food. The best part was everything was FREE.


Here is a picture of Jordan and I and the fortune teller.



This is what our future holds.......We will have 2 more boys (Heaven Help Us!), we will be moving real soon because something bad will happen to our home, I will be changing my job by the end of the year, Jordan's brother has a hard time managing money and he is in real trouble and Jordan has to learn that he can't bail (literally and figuratively) him out of trouble all the time, Jordan is going to be successful at new job because he is good at what he does and I had a previous boyfriend/fiance before Jordan that I was serious about marrying.

Later on in the day, we went to the beach, had dinner at a fabulous restaurant and walked on the boardwalk. The next day we slepted in, played at the pool and played a board game, had lunch and took off to the airport. The time flew by but we had a great time with great company. Overall, it was a perfect weekend with some great memories! Take a look at a few! (Okay, I know that I have a really cute and skinny sister and yes we are blood related. I got all the crap genes!)






8 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

That looks awesome! Steve and I are stealing away to California for a weekend next month, too. Maybe we'll be able to catch a show, too!

Wendy said...

I wondered if you were going to post pics from your fun weekend. I am so jealous you got to see WICKED!! Someday!

Kimberly said...

I think that is almost eerey how accurate that fortune teller was on some of your personal life. Especially about Jordan and Jim and your past fiance before marriage. Hopefully she was wrong about some of the facts like destruction on your house. That dosen't sound good. Anyway, I am glad you were able to get away. And you didn't get the crap genes! Your Beautiful!!!!!

Jen A. said...

What a great weekend!! Hey, we are in Utah, I'll give you a call, maybe we can get together!

Dawn said...

Ohmygosh,you're a blonde! Dang, I never would have recognized you! You look a lot less like Emily now. . . I miss you guys, I really do. . . No one else as cool as you has moved in to take your place. . . Your trip sounded and looked like fun. Your "fortune" was a downer, though, except for the part about Jordan's job. . . Have a wonderful life, and don't forget us!

The Birds said...

Cute pics! It looks like you two had a ton of fun! I hope that the fortune teller is full of Bull Crap! Except for she knew about your ex-fiance; freaky! I think you are just as pretty as your sister! I think you two look alot alike! Let's get together soon! Give us a call!

Brittanny said...

I am so jealous...and I just knew you were wicked! jk It looks like you had a good time...I think I need a fortune teller...to tell me when Josh is going to make the big bucks! (if ever!)
cute slide show Jod!

Lindsay said...

Crap genes my REAR!!!
I want to go back to that weekend, it was absolutely perfect except for the whole time limitations!
We will just have to plan more weekend get aways together. It really made the trip great by being with you and Jordan.