March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day













Growing up, I didn't have a lot of traditions in our home. So, I guess you can say that I was tradition deprived. Because of the lack of traditions growing up, I might go a little over board with traditions with my kids. One of the things that I wanted to do with my kids is to have a lucky leprechaun come to our home and visit us on St. Patrick's Day. The little leprechaun's name is O'Malley. What O'Malley does is take the kids on a scavenger hunt to find a lucky treasure.
The treasure hunt starts with a clue in their room, so when the kids wake up in the morning they can look for the first clue and begin the hunt. The treasure hunt takes them all around the house and even outside to find the different clues. Finally, they will end the hunt with a treasure.

This year O'Malley's treasure to the boys was a kite and a candy bar for each boy. They found their treasure in the bed of dad's new truck. They thought it was really cool and couldn't wait to fly the kite.
Thanks O'Malley see you next year!



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Can I please be your kid. They get presents for everything!!!