March 14, 2009

Taking a Bike Ride

I know I am not the only one who is excited for spring to be here. Our kids have been stir crazy for months. The minute it was warm outside, our family was ready for a bike ride. It was the first time that our family could take a "real" bike ride. It is the first time that both Lucas and Dylan can ride a bike (without training wheels) and Mason is old enough to sit on the back of a bike. So, we can finally venture out and try to go on a long bike ride.

Overall, it was a good ride. Don't get me wrong, there was some whining, a couple of falls and tears but overall there were more smiles than anything else. We actually looked like a small version of the "Sound of Music" bike ride. We were all in a straight line riding our bikes. Here is how it looked: Dad and Mason were in the front of the line, then Lucas, Dylan and then me. We rode about 6 miles or so and the boys felt good when we were done.

It was a good time and I am excited for many more bike rides in the future.

Here is a picture of the boys before we started....

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like fun. I only wish the circumference on those kids bike tires were a little bigger so we could keep a movin...

Lindsay said...

So fun!!!! I cant wait to go on long bike rides with my family!! you are so lucky!